Introducing BrainScope® One Head Injury Assessment
Available October 3rd at our Belmont and Portsmouth centers.
Fortunately, we can screen for concussions and other serious brain injuries right here at our center, with an innovative new device called the BrainScope® One. A BrainScope One head injury assessment is…
- Fast. An assessment can be completed in as quickly as 10 minutes.
- Patient-friendly. It’s non-invasive.
- Accurate and comprehensive. BrainScope One is the only device that objectively assesses the entire spectrum of brain injury – including concussions.
- Convenient. Reduces the wait times, expense and stress of a typical ER visit.
- Peace of mind. Get the answers you need, and treatment if you need it.
What to expect
A provider will discuss your injury and symptoms with you, then place a disposable BrainScope One headset on your head. It measures your brain electrical activity and neurocognitive function. Using a handheld portable screen, the clinician will review your data to answer two key questions:
- Is it likely that there’s a structural brain injury that would be visible on a CT scan?
Is there evidence of functional abnormality that would indicate a concussion?
The BrainScope One assessment is FDA-cleared for patients 18-85 years of age, and for use within 3 days of mild head injury.